What better a way to celebrate autumn than with a healthy, homemade, pecan pie. With three easy steps and no-baking, this little sugar free treat is sure to become one of your clean dessert favourites!
Guilt-free desserts are where it’s at and this is one of my most popular recipes (amongst my friends that is) so I thought it was high time that I shared it with you.
Makes 8 Servings (for 2 individual pies 1/2 this recipe as shown in the photo or for a single pie 1/4 this recipe)
***NOTE: You can also create raw pecan pie bars by using a square 8 X 8 pan or a loaf pan
1 Cup Ground Uncontaminated Oats (OR Almond Flour)
2 Tbsp Sunwarrior Protein Powder OR Protein Powder of Your Choice (whey, brown rice, pumpkin seed etc)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
25-30 Drops Vanilla Creme Stevia OR Sweetener of Your Choice (2 Tbsp Maple Syrup works great here too!)
Pinch Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
Pecan Pie Filling
1 Cup Medjool Dates (soaked for at least 2 hours, I soak mine overnight)
1 Cup Pecans
1 Tbsp Maca Root Powder (optional)
1 Ripe Banana
2 Tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/8 Tsp Nutmeg
Pecans to Top (optional)
1. In a food processor, blend all ingredients for crust into a dough-like consistency
2. Pat crust into an 8 inch spring form pan (or 2 4 inch spring form mini pans) evenly
3. In a food processor, blend all ingredients for pie filling until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides if necessary and pour batter over the crust. Level off with a spatula or spoon to even it out
4. Top with pecans if you wish and freeze for at least 3 hours (I freeze mine overnight)
5. Remove from freezer and pan and serve with Zain’s Vanilla Ice Cream
***Note, this is the perfect recipe to bring for festive harvest dinners and especially for Thanksgiving!